As an ESOL Instructor you will teach English to adults who are members of a Spanish speaking community. There are three levels in which you can teach; Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3. Materials and lesson plans will be provided to you however, if you have your own lesson plans that you would like to incorporate, you are more than welcome to!
- Plan and teach English with the guidance of a book and curriculum, both provided: in addition instructors are encouraged to incorporate outside materials to their lessons.
- Assist in Pre and Post student evaluations.
- Maintain accurate attendance records.
- Track and maintain student progress throughout the class. (Quizzes; assignments: progress notes; etc.)
- Participate in at least one training in Mixteca.
- Be patient and have a friendly demeanor.
- At least 2 years of college learning.
- Commit to 2 organization events every 3 months. (Health fairs, fund raisers, etc.)
- Previous experience is a plus
- Tuesday and Thursday or Wednesday and Friday
- 17 consecutive weeks
Although this is an unpaid internship, we provide our interns with an educational experience that will help them develop professional skills and the opportunity to work with a community in need. We are also happy to work with your institution to give you academic credits.
Email us via the button below or call us at (718) 965-4799 to schedule a time to come in. Please attach your resume when emailing us. Thank you!